Source of the chart.
I finally found the mission framework of An Garda Siochana. The poster found at Garda stations is slightly different in layout but the text is what counts. You can look it up here. I am well into the subject of Garda recruitment etc. now and the link posted here actually is to the booklet for potential Garda reserves. Tough stuff; one of the requirements that must be met before you join Gardai is being resident in Ireland for five years. I only "served" half of that time. Well, who says it is always easy? I'll see how it goes over the next two years and a half. If things work out successfully, I will wear a very nice Garda uniform like this.
The new uniform includes:
- Operational safety boots (with waterproof breathable membrane), manufactured to E.N. 345 Safety Standard
- A new 55 m.m utility belt to hold handcuffs, baton and other items of equipment
- A Two tone navy and yellow high visibility fluorescent jacket
- A Blousson Jacket, waterpoof and lined with tabs to hold the utility belt
- An Inner Fleece, zip detachable from Blousson Jacket
- A Leather Belt with brass buckle with Garda Crest
- A new type shirt with chevrons on right sleeve (for Sergeants)
- A new Cap badge which contains corporate colours.
There are a few options. I might become a detective garda as well. I have one more idea at least but that one is too fresh to write about.