Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yellowstone - perfect for night sky spying



Today, I am posting real quick as I am at work. I was going through my little night sky guide last night but got fed up quickly. It is no use reading about the constellations if you cannot look up the sky and try to find them. Unfortunately, city is not a good place for doing that. There are too many lights on at night. I might try to go away somewhere to find a good spot and finfgers crossed I will given my busy schedule recently.

The best place for night sky spying I ever was in is Yellowstone National Park. It is so wild and dark at night that you can see almost every star in the northern hemisphere unless there are clouds. And imagine – night, stars, erupting geysers, and a coyote here or there. That’s pure magic J . It is so beautiful and exceptional there.
It is very quiet too except for the noises of night animals.

Last night when I went to bed I was thinking that it would be great to be there and look up and see the starry sky. There is now lot of snow in Wyoming and it is cold but still it is lovely there because it is different.

Here are some photos of the Park by QT Luong.

No comments: